CALL FOR ENTRIES!
IN THE MOMENT Films (Minnesota) is currently accepting submissions for its inaugural fundraiser.
WORD*PLAY Short Script Competition seeks screenplays and theatre script submissions from nation-wide writers of original works which have not been produced.
A panel of accomplished Twin Cities writers, producers and directors will be reading and judging all entries, and the top Six plays selected will be presented to the public by a cast of talented actors as Staged Readings to be held at InterMedia Arts in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Monday, November 29, 2010.
The Evening of the Staged Readings promises to be a lively night of performance, live music, a silent auction, and complimentary light appetizers and beverages.
One of the six pieces presented will be selected (by audience vote) as the Word Play Competition winner, and the winning writer will receive $200.
The suggested donation to attend the evening’s festivities is $25. There is NO FEE to submit a short script.
All funds raised go towards producing the original short film “M 4 W” written by Cynthia Uhrich and slated to shoot in January, 2011.
Additionally, checks written specifically to aid in funding film project can be made out to:
Springboard for the Arts with “In the Moment Films” in the memo line.
Those project-specific donations are tax-deductible!
* Screenplays must be original material which has not been produced/filmed.
Prior staged readings are acceptable.
* Maximum of 15 Pages per Screenplay (not including Title Page.)
* Screenplays must be formatted in 12-point Courier or Times New Roman, with one-inch margins. Pages must be numbered and the title of the screenplay should appear on the top of each page.
* This is a “blind entry” submission–we do not want the judges to know whose work they are reading. Please staple a cover page with the following information to your entry: Script Title, Your Name, Address, Email and Telephone Number.
- * You may submit no more than two (2) screenplays per writer. Each script must have it’s own paperwork and Title Page. Collaborations must have all authors named on all paperwork submitted along with the script.
* There is NO FEE to enter. If you’d like, send a self-addressed, stamped postcard which we will mail to you upon receipt of your submission.
- * Entries must be post-marked by October 30th, 2010.
* The authors of the Top Six Selections will be notified by November 15th.
* The Winner of the WORD*PLAY competition will be based on audience ballots the evening of the staged reading. The winner of the Competition will be notified on November 30th. The winner of the competition will receive $200. In the event of a tie, the prize will be distributed evenly ($100 each author.)
* Please submit hard copies ONLY (sorry, no electronic submissions accepted) to:
WORD*PLAY SHORT SCRIPT COMPETITION
ATTN. Submissions Coordinator, Amity Carlson
2625 Fountain Lane N.
Plymouth, MN 55447
Questions? Email Amity at: Amity.Carlson@yahoo.com
Thank you in advance for your participation–and best of luck!
To stay apprised of this event and the making of “M 4 W” be sure to check
out our FaceBook Page: