In honor of April being poetry month,
Saturday Writers is announcing our 6th annual poetry contest!
1) Any style, any subject, any form allowed. Wow us in one page. (One poem per single-spaced page.)
2) No identification should appear on the entry. Attach a separate coversheet with title, name, address, e-mail, and phone number.
3) Two copies of each entry, please! (Each judge need a copy.)
4) Entry fee: $5 per poem, maximum of three entries.
5) Poems must be unpublished at the time of submission, original work of the contestant.
6) Deadline: March 15, 2008 postmark.
7) Prizes: 1st place – $100, 2nd place – $50, 3rd place – $25. Top 10 entries receive a certificate.
8) Winners will be posted on the website by April 30, 2008. Certificates and cash prizes will be mailed the following week.
9) Mail entries flat, not folded, to: Saturday Writers One-page Poem Contest, Tricia Sanders, 90 Westwood Trails, Foristell, MO 63348. Do NOT send by certified mail!
10) Checks payable to: Saturday Writers.
Contest is open to members of Saturday Writers and non-members. Prize winners and honorable mention recipients (top ten only) may be given the opportunity to have their stories included (one-time rights) in the Saturday Writers literary collection, published the following year.
For a list of winners, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Or check out our website after April 30: www.saturdaywriters.org.
Decision of judges is final. Not responsible for lost or misdirected entries. Poems will not be returned.