Kids Write 4 Kids is excited to launch its third annual writing contest! This year, we are seeking out students in grades 4 to 8 share their creative stories. Selected story (or stories) will be published as an e-book.
Over the last two years our panel of judges have selected six authors. Each author has their ebook available on iBookstore, Amazon Kindle and Kobo. Click here to take a look at some of the previously published Kids Write 4 Kids ebooks. The selected story (or stories) will be published as an e-book, and proceeds from its sale will go to support the author’s school. E-books are sold for $3.99 and net proceeds for all KW4K books sold in 2015 will be donated to the school(s) of this year’s author. Entries are accepted online only. View complete contest rules and download Kids Write 4 Kids brochure.
- To be eligible, authors must be enrolled full-time in an educational institute in Canada
- Authors must be in grades 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8
- Stories must be original and written entirely by the author
- Only one entry per author will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disqualified
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories)
- Stories are accepted in English only
- Stories can be fact or fiction, prose or poetry
- Stories will be published in their original format, so please check spelling, etc. prior to submitting
- There are no entry fee and no purchase is necessary
- Story must have a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 7,500 words.
- The word count includes “a,” “an,” and “the,” but not the words on non-story pages such as the title page or those captions for illustrations or photography.
- Invented spelling is accepted.
- Story must be typed and submitted as Word .doc
- Optional images including photography can be submitted to accompany the story but must be original images created by the author
- All images must be scanned and submitted in .jpg file format
- Please keep original copies of images, if your story is selected a representative from Ripple Digital Publishing will contact you to obtain original images
Submission deadline: March 31, 2015.
Only entries submitted on this online form will be considered for publication.